I don't have a whole lot new to post... Jimmy hasn't been working, so I haven't been watching the kids a whole lot lately. Its been kind of a break for me, I guess, but kinda stressfull. Plus I really miss our regular routines of getting out of the house each day. By next week I think I'll just take the kids out anyway just to give Jimmy a break during the day. Today though I came back to my mom's house to take care of some bidness! ;)
Anyways, not much new! The kids are all still enjoying the new house! We've been having a lot of family gatherings... Tigerlily and her parents have been coming over just about every weekend, sometimes spending the night! Little Bear and Tigerlily fight like sisters, but I think it is very cool for the kids to be surrounded by family members like that! I enjoy it, myself!
Here's a picture I took this morning of Little Bear and Pufferfish playing around in the back room! They're both getting so huge, aren't they?
Also, Clover and the puppies are staying at our house now! They are going to be able to go to their new homes in about a week. As you can see, they can handle solid food now, and are being weaned from Clover's milk! Clover is really relieved about that... The bigger they get, the more it hurts her to feed them. They have sharp little teeth! Now, to get her to feed them, we have to sit with her and pet her the whole time to keep her calm!
They are so funny though! They're definitely more social now, and they want to spend time with humans. Jimmy built a large box for them to hang out in most of the time, so that they're not wandering around in the house peeing and pooping on stuff and getting lost and what have ya. So they're in the box, which is plenty large enough for them all to walk around in, play in, etc. But when a person walks by, they'll all start jumping up and whimpering, like, "Take me out and pet me!" In order to take them all out, you have to have at least two people willing to help, because the puppies run amok everywhere and constantly pee and poop! But they are a lot of fun!
Want to meet them, one by one? Start with the black one and go clockwise around the feeding circle!
1. Luna, aka Midnight. (Sarah named her Luna, but Little Bear named her Midnight, which, confusingly enough, is also the name of Tigerlily's family's cat!) Lunais the one who we thought wouldn't make it because she wasn't gaining weight, but as you can see she has caught up! She's still the tiniest. Her face is like a little teddybear! She loves to be cuddled, but she also loves to scrap with her brothers and sisters! Every time I see her, she's wrestling with one of them!
2. Buttered Toast. He's just a little roll of butter running around! He'didn't start out as social as the other ones, but he definitely loves attention and hugs!
3. Herbert, aka Big Guy. (Sarah named him Herbert originally, but Little Bear calls him Big Guy!) This puppy is the hugest one, way bigger than his brothers and sisters! He thinks he's the leader of the pack! He's very cuddly though and always wants to be the first to be taken out and petted! He's also the first one who has ran into the kitchen and started eating Clover's grown-up dog food! He says, "I'm way past that mashed up puppy chow stuff!"
4. Sherbert. She's a sweet little girl who likes to wrestle! She's also a good growler! When her brothers and sisters pick on her, she snarls and snaps at them! She loves belly rubs!
5. Ronnie, aka Guinness. (Megan originally named him Ronnie, but Tigerlily's family, who is going to take him, have named him Guinness!) He's one of the most spoiled puppies of the bunch! Whenever we take them out to play, he's the first one trying to run into the carpeted rooms where puppies are not allowed to go! Also, last night after all the puppies went to sleep, Guinness stayed up and whined and cried until I took him out and let him sleep with me. He might get to go home a little earlier than the others! 6. Doctor, aka Shakers! (Sarah and I named him Doctor, but Becca, who is taking him, has named him Shakers!) He's one of the puppies I fell in love with the earliest... definitely one of the most cuddly! I love his cute little chihuahua face!
7. Pepper, aka TBA! (She's the one we're keeping, but we haven't given her a new name yet for some reason!) (Get it? The two little chihuahua twins are Doctor and Pepper?) She's tiny and cuddly, and is really good friends with Luna! They're the two little girls who are always playing and cuddling together! Pepper is sweet and playful and not too whiny, at least not yet! She loves to be cuddled!
They are so sweet, aren't they? I love watching them chow down all their food!
Anyway, look for more updates and news later in the week! Thanks for reading!